Murk City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staying mad, 100% of the time.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Obamacare???

Go down 
2 posters

Obamacare? Yes or No?
Yes, It's a good idea
Obamacare??? I_vote_lcap0%Obamacare??? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No, It's a bad idea
Obamacare??? I_vote_lcap100%Obamacare??? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Kwal
Admin
Admin
Kwal

Obamacare??? Empty
PostSubject: Obamacare???   Obamacare??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:23 am

Good idea? Or is it the biggest tax hike in history? (Well, it actually is the biggest tax hike in history)

Do you believe the government should have the power to tell you that you must be a member of their healthcare plan or you will have to pay a fine?
Back to top Go down
https://murk.forumotion.com
why
Members ++
Members ++
why

Obamacare??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obamacare???   Obamacare??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Kwal wrote:
Good idea? Or is it the biggest tax hike in history? (Well, it actually is the biggest tax hike in history)

Do you believe the government should have the power to tell you that you must be a member of their healthcare plan or you will have to pay a fine?

50 million americans will now have access to healthcare. no one will go broke trying to pay hospital bills.no one can be denied coverage because of preexisting conditions. insurance companies are now no longer able to drop people's coverage because its costing too much money to keep them insured. its not perfect, but its a big step in the right direction. next step: medicare and medicaid for all.
Back to top Go down
Kwal
Admin
Admin
Kwal

Obamacare??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obamacare???   Obamacare??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:44 pm

why wrote:
Kwal wrote:

50 million americans will now have access to healthcare. no one will go broke trying to pay hospital bills.no one can be denied coverage because of preexisting conditions. insurance companies are now no longer able to drop people's coverage because its costing too much money to keep them insured. its not perfect, but its a big step in the right direction. next step: medicare and medicaid for all.

it might be a big step in the right direction for the people, but what about our country? This adds billions of dollars to out deficit. What we pay for Medicare we will now pay in taxes.

In my opinion we should have gotten our country out of the hole we are in before implementing this law.
Back to top Go down
Kwal
Admin
Admin
Kwal

Obamacare??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obamacare???   Obamacare??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 5:45 pm

Learn to vote too lol.
Back to top Go down
why
Members ++
Members ++
why

Obamacare??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obamacare???   Obamacare??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:21 pm

the sad irony here is that obamacare or, as its really called; the affordable healthcare act, is exactly what romney did on a state level when he was governor of Massachusetts. it is a perfect conservative bill. the government now mandates people to get healthcare. private insurance companies are gonna rake it in. on that strict capitalism bullshit- privatize the profit, socialize the losses. the bill is actually going to reduce the cost of healthcare because your tax dollars already subsidize those amongst us who don't have healthcare and still go to the hospital. no those no good lazy fucks have to get insurance and pay for it themselves.

stay mad
Back to top Go down
Kwal
Admin
Admin
Kwal

Obamacare??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obamacare???   Obamacare??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:53 pm

why wrote:
the sad irony here is that obamacare or, as its really called; the affordable healthcare act, is exactly what romney did on a state level when he was governor of Massachusetts. it is a perfect conservative bill. the government now mandates people to get healthcare. private insurance companies are gonna rake it in. on that strict capitalism bullshit- privatize the profit, socialize the losses. the bill is actually going to reduce the cost of healthcare because your tax dollars already subsidize those amongst us who don't have healthcare and still go to the hospital. no those no good lazy fucks have to get insurance and pay for it themselves.

stay mad

Not reading

Copy/paste

1) Exceeds the Scope of the Commerce Clause – The purpose of Congress’s power to regulate commerce among the states was to end interstate protectionist measures and establish a national free trade pact. The Constitution does not give Congress the power to create commerce in order to regulate it.

2) Threatens the Notion of Limited Government – The individual mandate would be a grant of limitless legislative and regulatory power. This violates the doctrine of enumerated powers in which Congress is given few and specific legislative powers.

3) Imperils Religious Liberty – ObamaCare forces religious institutions to provide services that violate their faith.

4) Rewrites Contract Law – The individual mandate renders the purchase of health insurance to be compulsory. For centuries, it has been understood that a contract is valid only if all parties voluntarily and mutually assent to its terms

5) Charges a Financial Penalty to Regulate Behavior – ObamaCare imposes a financial penalty on those that fail to purchase health insurance. The Constitution does not grant Congress an independent power to tax for the general welfare and may not use taxation as a means to regulate activity, unless that regulation is authorized by the Constitution.

6) Imposes an Unconstitutional Tax – The Obama Administration asserts that the financial penalty is a tax. However, this “tax” does not satisfy the three types of taxes – income, excise, or direct – listed as valid in the Constitution. The penalty is not assessed on income so it is not a valid income tax. The penalty is not assessed uniformly and is triggered by economic inactivity so it is not a valid excise tax. Finally, ObamaCare fails to apportion the tax among the states by population, and therefore is not a valid direct tax.

7) Erodes Federalism – ObamaCare’s expansion of Medicaid is of such an enormous degree that states are coerced into compliance or risk abandoning the poor. ObamaCare would deny all Medicaid funds for noncompliant states.

Cool Infringes Upon the Reserved Powers of the States and the People – The Tenth Amendment reserves powers not granted to the federal government to the states and to the people. Nowhere in the Constitution is Congress granted the power to compel the purchase of a product as a condition upon legal residence in the United States.

9) Neither Necessary nor Proper – The Necessary and Proper Clause grants Congress the means to execute its enumerated powers and adds no additional powers to the legislative branch. The regulation of inactivity cannot be necessary and proper in executing the powers of the Commerce Clause.

10) It’s Not Just Unconstitutional – ObamaCare will increase taxes and healthcare costs, destroy new jobs, add to the national debt, burden both small and large businesses with new regulations, and violate the founding principles of a republic expressly founded to secure the blessings of liberty.
Source(s):
This came via e-mail from my representative in the house.
Now that the SCOTUS has called it a tax-it circumvents many if not all of these talking points because Congress has been given the right by the states to levy taxes.
Maybe we can work with #6 now and the Scotus has overturned #7.
Back to top Go down
why
Members ++
Members ++
why

Obamacare??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obamacare???   Obamacare??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Kwal wrote:
why wrote:

stay mad

Not reading

Copy/paste

1) Exceeds the Scope of the Commerce Clause – The purpose of Congress’s power to regulate commerce among the states was to end interstate protectionist measures and establish a national free trade pact. The Constitution does not give Congress the power to create commerce in order to regulate it.

2) Threatens the Notion of Limited Government – The individual mandate would be a grant of limitless legislative and regulatory power. This violates the doctrine of enumerated powers in which Congress is given few and specific legislative powers.

3) Imperils Religious Liberty – ObamaCare forces religious institutions to provide services that violate their faith.

4) Rewrites Contract Law – The individual mandate renders the purchase of health insurance to be compulsory. For centuries, it has been understood that a contract is valid only if all parties voluntarily and mutually assent to its terms

5) Charges a Financial Penalty to Regulate Behavior – ObamaCare imposes a financial penalty on those that fail to purchase health insurance. The Constitution does not grant Congress an independent power to tax for the general welfare and may not use taxation as a means to regulate activity, unless that regulation is authorized by the Constitution.

6) Imposes an Unconstitutional Tax – The Obama Administration asserts that the financial penalty is a tax. However, this “tax” does not satisfy the three types of taxes – income, excise, or direct – listed as valid in the Constitution. The penalty is not assessed on income so it is not a valid income tax. The penalty is not assessed uniformly and is triggered by economic inactivity so it is not a valid excise tax. Finally, ObamaCare fails to apportion the tax among the states by population, and therefore is not a valid direct tax.

7) Erodes Federalism – ObamaCare’s expansion of Medicaid is of such an enormous degree that states are coerced into compliance or risk abandoning the poor. ObamaCare would deny all Medicaid funds for noncompliant states.

Cool Infringes Upon the Reserved Powers of the States and the People – The Tenth Amendment reserves powers not granted to the federal government to the states and to the people. Nowhere in the Constitution is Congress granted the power to compel the purchase of a product as a condition upon legal residence in the United States.

9) Neither Necessary nor Proper – The Necessary and Proper Clause grants Congress the means to execute its enumerated powers and adds no additional powers to the legislative branch. The regulation of inactivity cannot be necessary and proper in executing the powers of the Commerce Clause.

10) It’s Not Just Unconstitutional – ObamaCare will increase taxes and healthcare costs, destroy new jobs, add to the national debt, burden both small and large businesses with new regulations, and violate the founding principles of a republic expressly founded to secure the blessings of liberty.
Source(s):
This came via e-mail from my representative in the house.
Now that the SCOTUS has called it a tax-it circumvents many if not all of these talking points because Congress has been given the right by the states to levy taxes.
Maybe we can work with #6 now and the Scotus has overturned #7.

1) right wing talking point
2) right wing talking point
3) right wing talking point
4) right wing talking point
5) right wing talking point
6) right wing talking point
7) right wing talking point
Cool right wing talking point
9) right wing talking point
10) right wing talking point

(broken english) majority conservative unelected branch government supreme court find healthcare constitutional. just like if you drive car you must have car insurance. can't make it any easy than that.

you're wrong. stay mad.
Back to top Go down
Kwal
Admin
Admin
Kwal

Obamacare??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obamacare???   Obamacare??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

You gon be mad when this shit backfires on us
Back to top Go down
why
Members ++
Members ++
why

Obamacare??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obamacare???   Obamacare??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Kwal wrote:

i have healthcare. I'm good. don't effect me none, i don't care none.
Back to top Go down
Kwal
Admin
Admin
Kwal

Obamacare??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obamacare???   Obamacare??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:02 pm

why wrote:
Kwal wrote:

i have healthcare. I'm good. don't effect me none, i don't care none.

Looks like you care cuz you are mad as hell up in here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Obamacare??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obamacare???   Obamacare??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obamacare???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Murk City :: General Discussion :: Political & Religious Debate-
Jump to: